June 6, 2011

The Ice Cream Social: A Fundraiser for Yummy Stuff & FAAN

Just the other day, I took Logan and a friend to Toy Boat on Clement St. for an ice cream play date (I'll pat myself on the back for that one).  The shop has toys on shelves all the way up to the ceilings, several window seats for people watching on Clement Street, and Butterscotch, their resident horse still only fifty cents a ride--steal! 

So, halfway through the ice cream, Logan started complaining that his tongue felt weird--his telltale sign of an allergic reaction.  I made him stop eating his ice cream and toss the rest.  I'm thinking nut cross-contamination, but really, have no idea what happened.  (We're going to get Logan allergy tested this summer to get to the bottom of the nut mystery).

Oh, how I wish there was a safe place for all of my children to sit down and have a scoop of ice cream in our neighborhood.  Wouldn't that just be the greatest (second only to the myriad of flavors I promised myself we would make this summer with our new ice cream maker!)?

A mutual friend of mine, Lisa, thought the same thing.  And then discovered it's darn expensive to start up an ice cream and dessert shop in the city.  FAAN is teaming up with her yet unopened shop, Yummy Stuff, to help her raise money to open up her doors in the Richmond District.  Made-to-order ice cream and a completely peanut-free shop.  Yay! 

I'm so excited to be sipping wine and enjoying allergy-friendly desserts with her, and hope you'll join.  Call your babysitter and come hang out with us--we'd love to meet you!  Let me know if you end up going, and I'll keep an eye out for you!

Here is the invite...see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment