Stickers for the kids, mostly clean bathrooms, fresh ingredients with a made-to-order menu, all at rollback prices. We heart In-N-Out! For your vacations/staycations this spring break, consider stopping at an allergy-friendly In-N-Out!
fast food restaurants, their helpful customer service staff will answer all of your questions about ingredients, so ask away. If you catch them during business hours, give them a call (1-800-786-1000), and get an instant response.
A few little known secrets for the In-N-Out insiders:
1. The food is made to order, and if you let them know you have food allergies, they will fire up a "dedicated grill" to avoid contamination from their other burgers (ASK for a dedicated grill). Plus, most of the employees are generally allergy-educated (from my experience).
2. You can get fries from the freshest batch if you ask for fries with "no salt." When the next batch is fried, they'll scoop out your piping hot serving before salting... If you still want some salt, ask for some on the side. And don't worry, the cottonseed oil is just for the freshly cut potatoes.
3. If you're egg-allergic, ask for "ketchup instead," and they'll replace the egg-based sauce with ketchup on your burger.
4. If you're wheat-allergic, ask for a burger "protein style." They'll replace the bun with a fresh lettuce wrap.
5. If you're dairy or egg allergic (or both), you can still have your bun! That's right...no egg or dairy in their buns.
In-N-Out's Not So Secret Menu for other variations on their made-to-order foods. Remember: think made to order. Even if it's not on any menu, they'll probably make it, so don't be afraid to ask.
Fast food can be safe and delish. Happy In-N-Outing!