Here we go, the top ten reasons to join us and walk for food allergies!
1. Registering is easy and free! Just go to the San Jose FAAN Walk for Food Allergy homepage,
click "sign up,"
click "join a team,"
enter team name "Get Allergy Wise,"
click "search for a team,"
click on "Get Allergy Wise,"
click "Join Team," and start your online registration.
Still not sure? Just show up at 9 am on Saturday, October 13 at Lake Cunningham Park in San Jose, 2305 S. White Road. Register on event day by filling out just one form per family. So simple.
2. FREE Parking. San Jose has waived the usual $6 parking fee for FAAN walk participants! So go ahead and park for free, and better yet, donate that $6 back to FAAN!
3. Munch on FREE samples from walk sponsors like Sunbutter, So Delicious, and Enjoy Life! Try their newest products and add a few more allergy-safe snacks to your weekly shopping list.
4. Get a bit of exercise with the whole family! We can get those feel-good endorphins going and burn a few calories while we're at it. A great way to kick off the weekend!
5. Come hang out with Get Allergy Wise family! Irene and I and our collective 5 kids are looking forward to meeting and chatting with all of you!
6. Kids will enjoy the FREE activities, like the bouncy house, Games2U Video Van, rock climbing wall, face painting, and more!
7. San Jose weather in October promises a perfectly partly cloudy day with a high of 71. Get out of the city fog and into some warmer weather!
8. Kids get FREE t-shirts, just for walking! All adults who raise over $100 will also get t-shirts, so get out there and start collecting donations!
9. Raise money for a cause near and dear to our hearts. Support food allergy awareness, education, and search for a cure.
10. Come to celebrate the life of BJ Hom, who teaches us how important it is to spread the word about food allergies and to always be prepared.
A few last words from 8-year-old "Tristan, A Boy With Food Allergies" (my first attempt at an iMovie...don't be too hard on me!).