Well, last week was not one of those weeks. A fever, chills, and body ache knocked me out for four whole days, and little by little, I watched as the contents of the fridge and freezer dwindled, leaving behind several small plates of leftovers, many of which had become unrecognizable, some expired fruits and veggies, and a few bags of food I keep in the freezer just in case.
From the depths of a usually overpacked freezer, I pulled out the Korean dumpling-inspired CJ Mini Wontons (Chicken and Cilantro) I picked up at Costco on my last visit. On almost every grocery shopping trip, I find myself pulling a few new-to-me products from the shelves and reading the ingredients, in case one would make a good candidate for a new staple at our house. I especially love finding healthy frozen foods. If anything makes my life easier, it's foods like this--not having to sacrifice taste, healthfulness, or cooking time is a real treat.
|CJ Mini Wontons|
- They are free of egg, dairy, nuts, and shellfish--perfect for my food allergic kids! (Note: they do contain wheat and soy)
- They cook up quick and easy. Just pan fry with some oil and steam with a bit of water, or boil, or even microwave!
- My kids, my husband, and I all loved the flavor and texture of these dumplings
- They contain no artificial ingredients
- They are bite-sized, so make a great snack or meal
- Sauce is not included in the bag, but there is a recipe for one on the back of the bag
- One of my kids noted that the dumpling was "spicy," but almost everything is spicy to him
|No egg, dairy, nuts, or shellfish|